Cardiology Referral Service at DWR
Jon and Hayley provide a comprehensive Cardiology Referral Service as part of Dick White Referrals, of which the Holter Monitoring Service is a telemedicine provision.
DWR is a large multidisciplinary referral-only Specialist veterinary hospital in Cambridgeshire employing some 33 recognised Specialists across the disciplines of Cardiology, Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Imaging, Soft Tissue Surgery, Clinical Pathology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Ophthalmology and Anaesthesiology. Patients at the centre benefit both from round-the-clock experienced nursing and veterinary care and also from the breadth and depth of multidisciplinary expertise available. Patients referred for investigation of conditions which may in fact be cardiac manifestations of other disease states (which is a commonly recognised feature of cardiology referrals) have the advantage of expertise of world-leading specialists across all disciplines under the same roof available for seemless transfer or multi-speciality input and our management of respiratory diseases is world-renowned. Expertise in advanced soft tissue surgery procedures, advanced diagnostic imaging assessments, interventional cardiology and pacemaker implantation reduce the chance of any necessity for onward referral.
Frequently seen cases include:
- Investigation of heart murmurs
- Investigation and management of congenital heart disease
- Investigation of coughing and dyspnoea including congestive heart failure
- Management of cardiac emergencies including pericardial effusion
- Investigation of cardiac arrhythmias and episodic weakness/collapse including permanent pacemaker implantation.
The DWR Cardiology Service specifically offers
- 6/12 lead electrocardiography and interpretation service
- 24h Holter monitoring, telemetry and implantable loop recording
- Echocardiography (2D, M-mode, Colour/PW/CW and tissue Doppler, 3D/4D, contrast studies)
- Digital radiography with interpretation by Diagnostic Imaging Specialists
- On-site multidetector CT and CT angiography
- Angiography and interventional cardiology
- Pacemaker implantation
- Video-endoscopy, interventional endoscopy and interventional radiology
- On-site Specialists in disciplines including: Internal Medicine, Diagnostic Imaging, Soft Tissue Surgery, Clinical Pathology, Neurology, Orthopaedics, Dermatology, Ophthalmology and Anaesthesiology
- Full hospitalisation, 24h nursing and intensive care facilities
Dick White Referrals